We invite you, as an expert, to consider submitting a proposal for education and training presentations for the Arizona Suicide Prevention Conference. We are seeking expert consultants and speakers to present on various topics.
Every year suicide claims more lives of Arizonans than homicide! With public discourse, education, and awareness, each of us can help reduce the frequency of suicide in our communities. The Arizona Suicide Prevention Coalition (AZSPC) is a non-profit 501-c3 organization consisting of professionals in the field of suicide prevention, survivors and supporters. Our purpose is to reduce suicidal acts in Arizona. Our mission is to change those conditions that result in suicidal acts in Arizona through awareness, intervention, and action.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE:
This conference is a two-day opportunity for those dedicated to preventing suicide in our community to come together and exchange ideas while learning from the leading experts. The event will be held at the Black Canyon Conference Center on October 18 & 19, 2016. It is expected to draw 125-150 attendees to include both professionals working in the field as well as survivors (Special survivors program scheduled for October 23).
Conference organizers are interested in, but not limited to, the topics listed below:
- Cultural differences in suicide (Including Asian, Hispanic & Native American Cultures)
- Legal / Ethical Dilemmas involving suicide
- Evidence based programing
- Suicide Prevention and Referral Options for Small Communities
- Suicide and survivor issues on High School & College Campuses
- Peer Support Programing
- Suicide in the Elderly & middle age populations
- Attempt Survivor issues
- Addiction related suicides/substance abuse co-occurring
- De-escalation techniques and approach techniques when speaking with teens on suicide
- Suicide screening, assessment and intervention strategies
- Suicide in Veteran populations
- Suicide with children & youth
- Clinical treatment discussions
- Clarification of SMI (Seriously mentally Ill) issues separate from suicide
- Spirituality (recovering it in the wake of suicide)
- Clinician survivors
- Advocacy training
- Integrated care
Audio Visual / Room Set-up
Audio/visual equipment, including computer, and connections will be the responsibility of the Speaker. The hotel or AZSPC will provide a microphone, podium, projector and screen. We will provide a full time technician during the conference for trouble-shooting. The room will be set theater style for general sessions and for breakout workshops, unless requested otherwise.
Speaker will be required to provide the conference coordinator with an electronic copy of presentation and/or handouts and grant permission to use these materials for the conference. These materials must be provided no later than 15 days prior to the conference.
In the event Speaker must cancel due to unforeseen problems beyond his/her control, including but not limited to illness or emergency, the Speaker will agree to provide a comparable Presenter. (Please provide name of comparable Presenter). Last minute cancellations would put AzSPC in a very difficult position and would be looked upon as unprofessional. Speaker will be liable for expenses not refundable, incurred on his/her behalf including travel, lodging, and materials duplication costs. AzSPC will not have any liability for any expenses or losses incurred by Speaker.
It is understood that all speakers are Independent Contractors and therefore assumes all responsibility for withholding tax, social security, state tax, public liability, and worker’s compensation insurance. As an Independent Contractor, Speakers shall have exclusive control over the means, method and details of fulfilling the obligations stated above.
1) Please read these materials carefully
2) Fill out the ONLINE application form below and submit the “Other Materials Required” (see list below) to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2016
3) All speakers will be selected and notified by July 1, 2016
4) All final presentation materials will be due by September 15, 2016
OTHER MATERIALS REQUIRED:
The items listed below must be sent via e-mail to email@example.com before your application can be considered. Application deadline is June 1, 2016. If your files are too large, contact Stacey to make other arrangements. Please make sure your last name is included in all file names.
- W-9 (to be sent at a later time)
- Biographical Sketch
- Black & White Photo